The Cape Gourmet Wine Trail. Experience the Cape winelands from a different perspective.
Due to so many requests, we have provisionally planned two trail packages – 14-21 April 2018 and 4-11 November 2018. Book early!
We’ve invested a great deal of time in putting together a perfect trail package, finding routes slightly more off the beaten track to give our guests an exclusive experience. The Cape Gourmet Wine Trail is not just about the best scenery for the season, but also about the best local hospitality and dining, and of course, the best trail horses.
We’ve not offered this trail for two years as the mountain had to fully recover from some devastating fires, but the region is revitalised and looking beautiful again. Some routes have changed slightly and we’ve added some lovely venues and wine estates which we are excited to visit for the first time on horseback. For some venues and estates, it’s the first time they are allowing access on horseback and we’re excited to share The “new look” Cape Gourmet Wine Trail with you.
Below is a guide of what can be expected on The Cape Gourmet Wine Trail. Please note that this is a sample itinerary and not exact activities or times.
Included / excluded in the package
- Seven nights accommodation in mid-range venues is included. Accommodation is true to local traditions and style to ensure a truly authentic horse riding holiday.
- Accommodation is full board. Dinners consist of a set menu of three-course meals, with wine, water and soft drinks / beer / cider, as well as tea or coffee, with meals, throughout the day. All wine tastings en-route are included. Lunches vary from à la carte menus to fresh cheese, meat and preserves to picnic platters.
- Premium drinks, dessert wines and any drinks not offered during meals or rides are not included.
- On Day 4, the ‘off’ day, lunch and dinner is for the guest’s account / not included. On this day, entry fees or Table Mountain cableway tickets are not included.
- Airport transfers are not included.
- Staff gratuities / tips are not included. Your guides and all staff are passionate about what they do. They will always go the extra mile to create the holiday of a lifetime and, while they do not expect gratuities, they are still greatly appreciated. Should you wish to leave a gratuity, 10% is customary in the local service industry but this is at your discretion.
The next Cape Gourmet Riding Trail
Book well in advance!
Looking for a more flexible riding holiday?
Our centre-based riding holidays are a fantastic way to enjoy our valley and surrounds from local trails, visiting wine estates and other venues, returning to the same accommodation each night.